Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Re: I thought of a really funny subject header in the temple, and now i forgot it

Ola!!
YOU GUYS I LEAVE FOR THE FIELD IN 5 DAYS. Am I ready? LOLS NO. But I dont think anyone is ever really ready. Its like when you just throw your 3 year old in the pool and say "swim!! And do it with the spirit too!!" Ok not actually, but it kind of feels like that.
There is still SO much i have to learn, sometimes when i flip through the dictionary i get overwhelmed by all the words i dont know in this language. But it's a coming!
OK HEY MOM, I thought it would entertain you to know that I still "scream-sneeze" and it still scares the pants off of everyone around me. I did it after a devotional in front of the whole CTM and it was freaking funny, but its okay, at this point im used to getting those "wait that was you???" looks after I sneeze.
Inside look into mine and Sister Mcknight's relationship: the other night we were in the bathroom getting ready for bed, and she was all finished, so i asked her if she could brush my teeth for me while i finished scrubbing my face. And she did. It was a beautiful moment of companionship service :-)
We also came up with the best ice breaker question ever: if you were to film a music video taking place in a public restroom, what song would it be to? My choices were "grandma got runover by a reindeer" (classic) and "partition" by beyonce. Other answers included: love the way you lie, cheerleader, the star spangled banner, and so on. SO if you want email me your answers!!! hahaha or not...........
HERES THE THING: My district is a freaking hoot. We have so much fun together its ridiculous. It makes it difficult to "Jejum ingles" (english fast=no speaking english) when were all together because we just tell so many stories and have such a ball.
There's a whole district of brazilians going to Santa Maria with me!! everytime the elders see me we all just yell "SANTA MARIA!" and it's a good time. I also have this district of elders that likes me because they think it's cool that im from california, so every time they see me they say "hang loose" and we do that hand signal back and forth to eachother. It's funny because mcknight is always like "HEY IM HERE TOO" and she calls them my "posse". 
OK so in one of our devotionals, the speaker shared this really amazing quote and that i want to share with y'all too:
"The more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. We become more significant individuals as we serve others. We become more substantive individuals as we serve others-indeed it is easier to "find" ourselves because there is so much more of us to find" - President Spencer W. Kimball
I love that! I definitely do not want to be the same person when I come home as I was when i left. I want that substance, that pure love of Christ to guide my life and my actions. Being a missionary is so amazing because i have 18 months to focus on the needs of others, not myself. So that is my message for this week. Serve and love everyone and Christ would, and you will find that when you fill your heart with Christlike love, something wonderful happens in your heart and in your life. 
 
Bouta jejum ingles for 17 months,
Sister Lipps

PS I don't think ill have another pday until next next monday, so ill talk to y'all in 12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment