Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

The week we forgot to invite our investigator to church.... oh wait that was every week

HEYYYYYYYY,
Tomorrow is one official month since I left the states! It simulataneously feels like its been 17 weeks and also 17 hours. Its hard to explain... Ok let's just jump right in!
S/O to my three years of high school Spanish courses for coming in clutch the first three weeks here. But by week four Ive officially forgotten all my Spanish and replaced it with Portuguese. You ran your course, Tchau Espanol!
Thanksgiving last week so pretty cool, we had a solid traditional Turkey lunch, and then had a devocional that was broadcasted from the Provo mtc. No traditional Thanksgiving nap though :/ Maybe in 2 years! The day after Thanksgiving officially means Christmas, so we sang a bunch of hymns together and had a countdown to light a bunch of Christmas Lights in the courtyard. THEN WE ATE SORVETE! (ice cream).
Oh okay so pertaining to my subject line, YEAH OK MCKNIGHT AND I ARE DUNCECAPS. Basically theres no good excuse, we just freaking forgot. And he was supposed to be "baptized" this Saturday and he couldnt because he hadnt been to church and it was an awkward conversation to have because hes like "my family is coming to my baptism! even though were having all these whatever problems" and we were like "Oh yeah so we have to talk about that........." and then we told him and he said "But i believe in God and the whole church and everything" and we just said "SENTIMOS MUITO SO SORRY WE ARE NOT PERFECT BUT THE CHURCH IS STILL TRUE". And thats a basic summary and I already cried about but its safe to say that we learned our lesson.
OH i was giving a lesson about the Word of Wisdom (physical health) and I accidentally said "God wants you to have saudade" instead of "saude" (health) and saudude means "longing" or to miss someone and he was so confused but it was hilarious.
Okay heres a short list of other funny things that happened this week:
My district always sings the harry potter puppet pals song and we've gotten pretty good at it and we sang it for our instructor and he cried laughing.
I got hit in the face with a volleyball, like smack in my cheek, after one ouf your Hispanic elder friends kicked it and he felt SO bad but really it was hilarious and was only numb for a few minutes HA.
One morning i woke up and watched Sister Mcknight bang her forehead on the side of our bunkbed, really hard, and i tried to rush down the ladder to make sure she was only and i slipped on the ladder and fell and banged up my legs pretty good but we both just looked at eachother after all these events conspired in a period of 10 seconds like, "we're a mess" and it was so so funny and i still have the bruises to prove it.
I wore a green dress the other day and ever since then my instructor has called me Sister Avocado.
OH I ALMOST FORGOT THAT WE WENT PROSELYTING LAST WEEK. LIKE ON THE REAL STREETS IN REAL BRAZIL TALKING TO REAL PEOPLE IN PORTUGUESE. It was such a cool experience!! We met loads of interesting people and I couldnt understand them all the time but we gave out 6 books of mormon, got 2 addresses for follow-up visits, and probably had 4 drunk homeless men calling at us the whole time LOL. But for 90 minutes i felt like such a real missionary!!
Ok i forgot my study journal in my room, but my chapter for this week is John 14, especially verses 18, 27, and 31.
STILL love this church and STILL love being a missionary!
TCHAU TCHAU FOR NOW.

Sister Avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment