Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

And on the second week, I accidentally called my teacher saliva...


"WRITE ME LETTERS! ITS LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY HERE TO GET SOMETHING IN THE MAIL. EVEN IF I DONT KNOW U ITS FINE ILL LOVE IT"

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Emily Lorraine Lipps <emily.lipps@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Hahahah im still laughing at my header. True story. We were trying to call him our babysitter, but they only had "nanny" in the dictionary, but its spelled the same as the world for saliva, "baba", just with an accent. So yeah basically we pronounced it wrong and were like "HEY SALIVA!" and it was freaking funny.

My first week was 2 months and this past week felt like 2 hours. So many stories to tell, but so little time!

ok in the order of things that pop into my head:
An elder in my district has grandpareents that live in Sao Paulo, and I dont know how she accomplished this, but his grandma got someone that works here to smuggle in something for him. SO end of story we have a big black suitcase sitting in the corner of our classroom full of Brazilian cookies and crackers and candy and its the best and also im going to gain so much weight here holy cow.

5 days a week we have physical activity for an hour and we play volleyball with the Brazilians and any one who has ever seen me play volleyball knows its not my thing but it is SO fun! Brazilians are hilarious and its the highlight of my day.

We sang the Brazilian National anthem on SUnday night and it was hilarious because its so fast and has so many words and notes and Sister McKnight and i were trying and failing so hard to keep up and we were just cracking up the whole time, along with all the Brazilians watching us struggle lols.

LORI LEEDY THEY DO EAT SALT ON THEIR WATERMELON HERE. U R NOT ALONE. Haha oh and the fruit here is amazing. Fresh passion fruit is my new favorite.

An elder in our district told me and Sister Mcknight this week "Ever since you guys cried two days in a row ive been carrying around this hankercheif in my pocket" SO PRESH RIGHT?! melted my heart, but also it makes it sound like we are emotionally unstable AHHHHHHHah

I officially speak Portugles, which consists of really bad Portuguese plus really medicocre Ingles.

President Swenson, the CTM president, loves me and Sister McKnight. It's probably safe to say that we have the "favorites" title in the bag. we make hearts with our hands at him and he makes them back and the one day we tried to speak all portuguese, He and his wife overheard so basically they are really impressed and yeah thats that.

In reality, we are very bad at portuguese hahaha. We will be having a 3 minute conversation with someone, responding yes yes oh cool yeah wow, and we walk away and Mcknight asks me "what was she talking about?" and ill reply "i have no idea" and thats life and it makes me laugh.

The spirit of God in this place is unreal! It is so awesome to feel so wonderful and happy all the time, even when im exhausted. 

Until next week,
Paz e bencoes,
Sister Labios 
"WRITE ME LETTERS! ITS LIKE WINNING THE LOTTERY HERE TO GET SOMETHING IN THE MAIL. EVEN IF I DONT KNOW U ITS FINE ILL LOVE IT"
Just put 3 stamps on it or take it to post office for exact amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment