Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

We laugh until we cry, and we cry until we laugh!

Oi familia e amigos!

i´m in Brazil! the past 7 days have LITERALLY FELT LIKE 2 MONTHS. not even kidding. it is so weird. I´ve never been so productive in my entire life. like every hour of every single day is so plannned out to do something it´s so weird. AND WHAT PEOPLE DONT TELL YOU ABOUT MISSIONS IS THAT YOU ARE LITERALLY EXHASUTED ALL THE TIME. IM SO TIRED. ONLY LIKE 17 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS TO GO. 

Ok holy cow where do i even start?

so i sat next to this guy on my first flight to LAX and basically he asked me out and i was like `sorry mister im a sister´. but i mean i gave him a book of mormon so #flirttoconvert amiright? (I AM JUST KIDDING. I WAS NOT EVEN FLIRTING. (this message is specifically directed at Brother Joey Danneman))

OK my companion is like literally one of my favorite people ever. Her name is Sister McKnight, she´s from Ohio, and we are the same person. It´s kind of scary how similar we are. It basically just means that we pretty much pee from laughing so hard every single day (ok not literally). Really though we are so funny. I wish I had written down every funny thing we´ve ever said in a book so I could sell it because we are hysterical. The other Elders in our district think we are insane, and I can´t argue. Most of our funny things involve asking how to say weird things in Portuguese ´Como se diz 'crap'?' 'Como se diz 'kidnap'?" 'Como se diz 'I really don´t appreciate your attitude right now'?" we are two hysterical peas in a party pod. 

So heres the thing: Portuguese is kicking my butt. I've learned SO much in the week that I've been here and can sometimes hold a conversation if they are speaking pretty slow, but yeah it´s tough stuff. we taught a lesson to an investigator the second day we were here, and have every day since. SO basically that is equivalent to alot of mental breakdowns and our instructors having to learn to console two crying american sister missionaries saying "nao falo portuguese" (i dont speak portuguese"

I've already had some of the toughest moments here but also some of the best. ITS A CRAZY LIFE IM LIVING. oh and you see how often im using all caps in this email? that is about how often Me and Sister Mcknight are yelling random things in portuguese in our classroom. also we make up words in Portuguese when we dony't know the actual word for it and it's freaking funny.

basically what ive learned so far is that being a missionary is like studying all day to take a really hard final at the end of it (aka teaching a lesson) and after your head really hurts and you kind of feel relieved, but not really because tomorrow you have to take another really difficult final. and thats just how it goes, every day. 

oh funny thing: apparently Brazilian Elders really have a thing for blonde american girls because my comp and I (she's blonde too) have already had multiple guys ask us for our emails???? Uhhhhhhhhh LOCK YOUR HEARTS ELDERS! SEND THE KEY TO YOUR MOM!

The food here is most of the time FREAKING AMAZING but sometimes VERY QUESTIONABLE. Literally the desserts here are just different colored jello consistency pudding things. I dont even know. but it cracks me up because every day imn like "what color is it going to be today??" 

Lol we just laugh alot here and it's amazing because things really arnt that funny but it just is.

So the CTM is pretty great. IF I DONT RESPOND TO YOUR EMAILS I LITERALLY STILL LOVE YOU AND I TAKE A PICTURE AND READ THEM ALL BUT WE HAVE NO TIME TO EMAIL HERE AND IM TYPING LIKE A MAD MAN AND I LOVE YOU AND WILL RESPOND SOON.

Also apparently there isnt a way for us to send pictures here, which is totally a bummer but Ill get some for you when I get outta the CTM and into the mission field (which is going to be so scary by the way)

I LOVE YOU ALL AND SO DOES DEUS (GOD)!!!

TCHAU, 
Sister Lipps

No comments:

Post a Comment