Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

"MY MOM IS AN ANGEL"

OK so this week was marvelousssssssssssssssssss!

First off, OBVIOUSLY, it was general conference, its better than CHRISTMAS and christmas is pretty freaking good so that is saying something.

Ok we has this one experience this week that was SO INCREDIBLE for me!!! Me met this less active, Joseph, and he asked us to come and visit him because his grandparents were needing a priesthood blessing. SO we went to go meet them, and his grandparents must be 70 or 75, but they are both REALLY sick, and his grandmother is in a wheelchair and cant talk anymore because she has........(ok i dont remember, but its serious). So as we were talking to them, I saw a photo on the wall of a SUPER beautiful woman with a fancy dress flowing in the Wind, and i was like "wow this is the most beautiful Picture i have ever seen" and THEN i realized that it was his grandmother, 50 years ago!! So we started teaching Joseph and his grandfather about the Atonement, and how Christ doesnt only save us from our sins and mistakes, but also from our pains and illnesses (Alma 7:11-13). It was SUCH a spiritual lesson, but I could see how his grandmother WAS and how she IS now, and I felt the Spirit whisper to my heart "when we ressurrect, she will be healed, it will be her again"
Then the grandfather said that hes spent all these years that theyve been sick trying to understand what he did wrong, why God was punishing him. It was SUCH a wonderful moment when we got to explain that our trials are not to PUNISH us, but they are to STRENGTHEN us. to REFINE us. and after this life, we will all be healed PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY, EMOTIONALLY, and MENTALLY. I felt in that moment, SO MUCH gratitude for our Savior, because I felt and could see the effects of his sacrifice for us, and I now that we cann all be healed, we can all be perfected, if we put our trust in him.
(also he blessed me because he helped me wait until after we had left the house to start balling lol #blessings)

Ok ONE MORE THING before i go (time is short because we are going to santa maria in an hour for our mission counsel!)

Yesterday, the talk that touched me the most was Sunday afternoon, K Brett Nattress, who said that everyday when he was growing up, his mom read the book of mórmon too him, and he never payed attention, and finally he said "mom, why are you Reading?? Im not even listening!" and she said "The prophet promissed that if a parent reads with their child the book of mórmon every day, she will not lose him. I will not lose you" and what came into my mind imediately was my precious momma, who also read us the book of mórmon every morning, and I have to admit that mom i never really payed the atention i should have, but THANK YOU FOR NOT LOSING ME! MY MOM IS A ANGEL YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my mom.

I love the book of mórmon

I love brasil

I love being a missionary

I love the 12 year old less active who, when we said at the end of the lesson "do you have any questions?" responded "yeah, can you guys do this with your tongue?" and then made one of those hot dog butterflies with this tongue.

I love you all!!!!!!!

LOVE, SISTER LIPPS

pictures: our last night with sister barbosa because she was transferred, so we made cookies and accidentally stayed up talking...........

MY ZONE THREW ME A SURPRISE BIRHTDAY PARTY LAST MONDAY!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM


more pics of our zone, and sister vera and i and our (lack of) muscles. #SWOLL 
 




 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Em,
    That cake looks yummy! Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations (pre and post). Love and hugs, Grandpa and Phyllis

    ReplyDelete