Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 27 of my Jejum Ingles

That's right guys, tomorrow makes my 4 weeks in the field! and 10 weeks in the mission in total! The days and weeks are beginning to fly by so much faster, it is crazy. You know what else is crazy? The emotional rollercoaster that is being a missionary. In my movie metaphor for the week, remember the scene from Tangled when she final gets out of the tower and is like "this is the best day of my life" and then "this is the worst day of my life" and goes back and forth for 5 minutes. Yeah that's me everyday. UPS AND DOWNS I tell ya.
This week we were teaching a woman Teresa, whose daughter is in our ward, and we asked her to pick someone to say the opening prayer, and she looks at me and then turns to my companion and her daughter and says "Does she know how to say it? I know she doesnt understand much" and I was like "WHAT THE IS THIS REAL LIFE I UNDERSTAND YOU LADY IM SITTING RIGHT HERE AND HECK YA IMMA SAY A PRAYER IN PORTUGUESE THAT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF" But really I was just like "Oh I can say it" and then I said it and yeah end of story people just think Im a big dummy.
Theres a group of 5 non member girls who are probably 6-7 years old that literally love SIster Chaves and I. They're insane. They will see us from a mile away and then sprint to us and then we get hugged and attacked by this pack of children and then kiss our cheeks a thousand times and we always pass the area the hang out and sometimes we are in a hurry and dont have time to fight the mob of girls so we take a different route. So basically we are a boy band or some thing of that sort. But I still love them, haha they always make me laugh when im having a rough minute. (refer back to my Tangled analogy).
Oh also theres this dog, well actually theres a thousand dogs, no exaggeration, but theres one that really loves us and hes a golder retreiver so hes pretty big and he always follows us around for like an hour and yesterday and jumped up on me and gave me a hug and I think it was a pretty big step in our relationship.
So numberswise, we probably teach an average of 7 lessons a day, but sometimes its 4 and sometimes its 10, depends on how lucky we get. We always have lessons scheduled for every hour but no one is ever home, the big jerks (just kidding). But sometimes its dumb because we have an AWESOME first lesson with someone, and then we go back every day for a week and theyre never in their house when they said they would be so we never teach them again.
Oh for those of you wondering about my Portuguese, I actually can teach pretty solid, haha Im not just Sister Chaves' backup chick. The problem is more when they respond so fast that I dont know what they said or how to respond back, and because conversation flows so quickly that I dont have time to think of how to say something in time before the conversation changes haha, but Ive definitely improved so much. The only thing Ive gotten worse in is my English spelling HA.
TMIBVTFOML: (too much information but very fact of my life): It is so hot and humid, so basically every part of my body is wet, and we hold our blue hardcover book of mormons in our hands, and my sweat lifts up the blue dye and by the end of the day my arms and arms and the side of my skirt is blue.
SCRIPTURE TO STUDY THIS WEEK:
Romans 5:10-11
Think about and have gratitude for the Atonement of Christ!
TCHAU TCHAU.
Sister Sweaty Blue Hands

2 comments: