Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

That one time I didn"t email for a literal month...

OK HOLY GUACAMOLE, so much as happened, I dont even know what to say.

For starters, Im in Santa Maria. If you didnt know that, please try to keep up. (just kidding, luv u guyz). When we arrived in the airport here, PRESIDENT PARRELA HUGGED US ALL. It caught me so off guard. I was like "is this even allowed". Idk, it was so hilariously awkward. Imagine the hug in the final harry potter movie with draco and voldemort. It was that level of awkward. HAAAAAA good times. 
My area is called Parque Pinheiro, 20 min outside of the city of Santa Maria. And it's right next to the area where my brother Matt served for some months, and ive met so many people that know him or that he baptized, ITS SO COOL. Our legacy is living on in Brazil!
My companion is Sister Chaves, she's from Sao Paulo, and shes super cute. She doesnt speak English lols so we definitely have a language barrier sometimes, but we try to laugh rather than cry. She's been in the mish for almost 8 months, and she is SUCH a good missionary! So my example right now. She's so patient with me too, when I cry she hugs me and then we eat chocolate together. So best companion ever amiright!?
The weather here switches between hot as heck and thunderstorms so intense it scares the pants off of me (the pants that I dont wear. because, you know, skirts and stuff). Ive already gotten freaking tan though, My tan lines on my feet and back and arms are awful. (refer to the picture of my feet I already sent haha)
WE ARE ALWAYS LATE TO EVERYTHING AND ALWAYS RUNNING FROM PLACE TO PLACE. Its pretty funny, sunday mornings we are literally so annoying and go wake up all of our investigators to come to church with us.
PORTUGUESE IS KICKING MY BUTT. Ive learned so much, but at the same time, the more i learn, the less I feel like i know, ya know? Its a work in progress for sure. Guys, Ill just say its tough and leave it at that so I dont sound like a big downer.

SCRIPTURES FOR YOU GUYS TO READ:
Alma 29:1-2 (THIS IS MY SCRIPTURE. IMAGINE ME READING IT REALLY HAPPILY)
John 16:33
2 Cor 5:7
Alma 36
Alma 34:32-33
Moroni 7: 16-17, 9

THANKS FOR ALL THE LETTERS IVE ALREADY GOTTEN. You guys are darling.

Love love love, Sister Lipps

No comments:

Post a Comment