Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

diary of a wimpy missionária

Wow I felt like such a wimp this week.

wanna know why?

BECAUSE ITS SO COLD.

Literally it came overnight, but holy guacamole you guys I've never been so cold in my life, just because theres no escape. Indoors, outdoors, in my bed, in the church, everywhere is the same temperature. On sunday I used 3 long sleeve shirts, a sweater, beanie, my down jacket, 2 skirts, tights, knee high socks, gloves and a scarf and I dont know how it was possible that I STILL felt cold. So there's my rant. Ive already started asking people when winter will end and they respond "you dont even know whats coming" and I cry. Since when is Brazil cold. Ok rant over.

Also Im a wimp this week because the work has been rough. You cant trust ANYONE these days. People arent home when they said they would be, people dont read or pray when they said they would, people dont come to church, even though we stop by 4 times and call twice to confirm, and walk to their house at 7 am to wake them up, and arranged them a ride with a member. Do you guys even believe that????

Also we came across a big mess this week, because we are teaching and had a baptism date for the husband of a less active who is starting to come back to church. She was baptized a year ago, and they got married legally before so she could be baptized, and this week we found out that apparently the elders never finalized the marriage with the papers in the court so THEYRE NOT ACTUALLY MARRIED. OH my WE ALMOST FLIPPED A BRICK. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gosh, and they elders that baptized them already finished their missions so we dont have all the information and its a BIG MESS. #dramainthelifeofamissionary

Despite ALL that, I'm still very happy and grateful to be here guys :)

OK reading assignment this week is hands down the best talk ever given "missionary work and the atonement" by Elder Holland because it applies to every single one of us, every day.

 "When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made a hiss and a byword, you are standing with the BEST life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived"

I testify that God lives, that he loves us, and that there is no other way we would be able to return to him, to have an eternal family, were it not for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whose name I am so grateful to wear every day!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sista Lippsies 

Photos:
Our family home evening with investigators and like half of our branch hahaha

When no one invites you to your brother's graduation and you dont have access to photoshop so you have to improvise. Momma, Ill give you 10 bucks if you make this our family christmas card.
 



 


1 comment:

  1. Dear Em,
    Love the story about "The Mess" and the photos.
    Keep up the good work and great pic's.
    Love & hugs, Grandpa & Phyllis

    ReplyDelete